Monday, October 3, 2011

How was your weekend?

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. My Hubby and I took a short vacation over the weekend. And we packed a lot of sightseeing into 2 days! First we flew to Denver and then to Farmington, New Mexico. On the first leg we flew on a large airliner, the second leg was on this plane.


Twin propeller over the Rockies?????


Hmm, I'm not to sure about this!!!


Oh my!!!! That's the back of BIG jet I see

in the cockpit window. I was very happy we took off from another

runway!!!!


It's a long way down there!



Surprise, I enjoyed this leg more than the first leg! Almost no turbulence and it was clear the whole time. Amazing scenery, you could see pockets of bright yellow where the aspens have changed colors. Just beautiful.


I was however grateful that I had not seen the runways in Farmington until the after we took off for our trip home. The Farmington airport sets on top a large Mesa and the runways begin and end at the edges of the Mesa.


I'll be sharing some pictures this week of some of the places we visited. It's amazing how much you can fit into a weekend.

3 comments:

  1. Wow that looks like a real adventure! Glad you had a good time Evy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you had a whirlwind trip, it sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that is so cool :)

    Flying over the grand canyon is fun! I guess I have "accidentally" flown over it a few times at a higher altitude on trips to other States but it is so remarkable as it is SO BIG :)

    Glad you had a wonderful time and you missed the rain :)

    Have a lovely week, regards, T. :)

    ReplyDelete